BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 3

Christmas on Las Olas


A White Christmas in Florida?
With Mrs. Florida and Miss Florida Teen


At Carrol's Jewelers, a pageant sponsor for Florida US Continental


Salvation Army Band


Perhaps the most adorable girl ever...though I meet too many to choose just one!

Last night, I made an appearance at Christmas on Las Olas with Lindsey, Mrs. Florida US Continental and Jenna, Miss Florida Teen US Continental. The street was bustling with activity, from show choirs to children's dance groups to bands. There was even an ice skating rink set up and a mountain of snow. Needless to say, the event was a hit and attracted a very large crowd from the area. It took me almost 20 minutes just to walk to Carrol's! I met many little fans and had fun chatting with people of all ages. It was a bit chilly, and I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to wear...that's the bad thing about leaving for college- you don't want to bring all your clothes, but you never know which ones you will need. I missed my cute red trenchcoat, but threw on a black velvet jacket over my dress to keep warm. It worked for the most part. Next weekend, I'll be headed back home for some good R&R after finals- thank goodness! I'll be participating in the Lake Placid Christmas Parade and also hope to do some storytime(s) there over break.
I will keep you posted...for now, enjoy the holiday shopping and festivities!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails