BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 9

Night of Pageantry

Last Sunday, I attended to Miss FL Teen USA pageant held just down the street from my school (the closest appearance I've ever made!). There were lots of queens in attendance, but my personal favorite was Rena, my sister queen ; ). Unfortunately, we didn't get to catch up much afterwards because we both had some schoolwork to do (I hate it when that happens). But it was good to see her and talk for the little bit that we did.

The pageant was interesting- much different than I ever expected. They gear the show more towards the taping than the live audience. It was funny to watch the camera guys cue the audience to clap and cheer for their favorite contestant (and all those years, I thought that was genuine!). I felt bad for the girls because sometimes they would have to stand on the stage for like 5 minutes (for commercial break) and keep their smiles going...all I have to say is "bravo, ladies"- my cheeks would have given out after the first hour. Besides that, everyone looked gorgeous and it was tough competition! There were so many beautiful and talented delegates vying for the crown. The evening gown competition was my favorite- I have a whole new wish list for dresses!!! The only problem is...I have nowhere to wear them right now!

We sat with Janet and Charlene. Charlene, top right, does makeup for the FL US Continental pageant. Thank goodness she touched me up before I was crowned- who knows what those pictures would have turned out like!

It was fun to finally attend another pageant. I feel like I haven't been to one in forever- the last one I attended was in July, and that was for the state title that I was giving up. Jenna McDuffie, my successor in the bottom left said she's having alot of fun making appearances and being a queen.

I also ran into my classmate, Anastagia Pierre, who is the reigning Miss FL USA. She will be competing in Miss USA in April, and I will definitely be cheering her on, as she represents the good 'ole sunshine state! Good luck, girl!

So that was my latest appearance...and now, it is time for this chick to get some beauty sleep! Ttfn!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

canes said...

LET GOD COMFORT YOU SO THAT,IN HIS TIME,YOU MAY COMFORT OTHER.LET GOD LOVE YOU SO THAT,IN HIS WAY, YOU MAY LOVE OTHERS.

canes said...

Too often I stand with my back to you, Lord. I know that you will not ask more than I am able to give, but perhaps more than I am willing to give. Help me let go of all that hinders....JOHN 1:43 FOLLOW ME.

canes said...

Keep Your sprit open toward heaven. Joy will follow! PSALM 30:4,5 SING UNTO THE LORD... IN HIS FAVOR IS LIFE: WEEPING MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT,BUT JOY COMETH IN THE MORNING.

canes said...

Trouble is somethimes a friend.It shakes us out of complacency and sets us doing better things. ..............ROMANS 8:28 WE KNOW THAT ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM THAT LOVE GOD.

Related Posts with Thumbnails