BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 25

Photo Competition



With one of the photographers and her picture on the left.

Last week, I had the awesome opportunity to serve as a judge for a digital photography competition, held at the Admiral's Boys and Girls Club right down the street from my college. Figuring it wouldn't be too hard to do, I headed down in between classes with a good hour and a half to knock it out. Little did I know how difficult of a competition this would be to judge! After walking through the gallery several times and scoring many of the pieces, I still had many more to go and it was already 5:40...my class was at 6:00. Walking in heels across campus to make it there in time was definitely a work-out in and of itself : ) I talked with the director, Jill, and she said I could head back after class and finish up the scoring. The pictures were amazing- and the creativity of the photographers was unbelievable! It was so great to see how kids, at even five years old, learned how to capture a great picture. I wish I would have taken pictures of the pictures to show you all, but that might have been considered plagarism...so, you'll just have to trust me on this one! I always love to see how a simple object or landscape can be transformed into an artistic piece of work. Needless to say, I left truly inspired and encouraged, to really consider the beauty of the world around me instead of just passing it by at a glance.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

keith said...

Hey Chelsea,
A nice pair of color coordinating reeboks would have served you much better walking to class in a hurry.lol cool that you were just reading that verse. neat verse to see how we plan and God plans. Not one or the other, but both. Take care,
Keith--(After Spring Break I want to come down for lunch. Let me know your what day would be best and lets set it up:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails