BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 17

So You Had a Bad Day...

Today is one of those days when I woke up and just knew I would be productive. I had a to do list set out and was ready to conquer it by the end. It seems that those plans are pretty much destroyed- everytime I attempt to check an item off my list, something gets in the way. Big, little...it doesn't matter, it gets in the way of getting my stuff done. And as I sit here after lunch, about to go to class, I realized. Is that all today was meant to be? Maybe God's trying to teach me something here- is everyday at college just another day to check off a to do list and feel like I've accomplished something? I don't think that's what He had in mind. Maybe those setbacks were meant to build my character, encourage someone else, or share His love. What if those setbacks were the difference between someone knowing Jesus or not? If they are, I shouldn't be frustrated or caught up in "making a list and checking it twice." Jesus doesn't care how much I get done here on Earth if it doesn't glorify Him in the process. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says "Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of the Lord." I can use even the setbacks of each day to proclaim His glory, which is exactly what I'll be doing this second half of March 17, 2009! On a lighter note...thought this comic was somewhat appropriate for a bad day- maybe you'll get a kick out of it like I did! Just when we think we have it bad...we have to remember to be thankful! : )

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Girl, you are wise beyond your years.

I have a thing for to-do lists. But sometimes checking the "do's" off the list can get in the way of everything else!
Thank you for reminding me that perhaps checkin' it off isn't where we get "high marks"!

Heidi S said...

Love your insight. What a wonderful lesson!

gamegirlfbc said...

OK, the cartoon cracked me up!!! Good stuff you point out too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails