BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 26

ADD? Just a little…

So, I'm sitting here in the library trying to get my exam reviews done before the week starts. And I just can't focus, but I think for now, this is a good thing. Remember in my last post when I said you should check out Kim Walker's song? Scratch that- check out her whole CD (Here is My Song)! I just downloaded it a couple days ago, and I can't get any of the songs out of my head, especially the ones called "Spontaneous Song (insert number here)". There are five on the CD. The best one has a line that continues to ring in my heart "I am my Beloved's, and He is mine." Isn't that just crazy? I belong to Him- I belong. Yeah, maybe at this college, I'm not the "cool kid" or the "popular one," or "the best dressed," but I have a place to belong. And that is wrapped up securely in my Savior's arms. He is mine forever. And as soon as I hear that, an immediate smile beams on my face and I am filled up with uncontainable joy. I just wish more people could see the God I've seen lately- His love has taken over my life, and I will never be the same. Each day, I learn of His goodness and drink deep of His strength, trusting Him more and more. Each day, I yield a little bit more until finally, I am free of these burdens and dance the dance I've always dreamed. No, not the waltz or the tango or the foxtrot. I've always had this image of happiness- when I hear the word, I think of myself as a child in a white sundress, spinning in a tall field of grass with hands held high to the sky and my face directed towards the golden sun- relishing in the moment, and feeling the warmth radiate on my skin. It's an instant of complete and utter happiness and purity, where nothing else matters. "I am my Beloved's, and He is mine." Kim Walker captures exactly how I feel in her songs- I love the little nuggets of truth sprinkled in the simple lines. Just when I think I've got it, God reminds me of another promise that blows me away. Okay, well, back to studying I suppose- that is, if I can focus ; ).

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails