BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 17

He Loves Me

Every petal...He loves me.

Gosh, do you ever have those days that it just hits you…it hits you how incredibly amazing and passionate God's love is for us? I go to a college group called Eikon on Wednesday nights at Calvary Chapel. This Wednesday, the worship leader spoke about how lately he's been feeling tired and worn out, and I could totally relate. And while he mentioned the worldly things that were weighing on him, he mainly spoke out about his realization that God is just so much bigger than we can fathom. He played this song acoustically, reminding us that we are broken people and that God can redeem our brokenness and make us whole. He can restore our strength.

God loves us. God loves me. Every word in those sentences is important.

God- the creator of the universe, the holy, set-apart, sovereign, all-powerful, all-knowing, God. Loves- not with a human love that is changing, but with a love so incomprehensible and deep that it is almost too good to be true (praise the Lord it isn't!) Me- He loves me? He loves me! Me…a sinner, a fallen human being who so often gets caught up in my own little world that I forget that my Redeemer, my First Love is calling out to the depths of my soul and will move heaven and Earth to show His great love for ME! And for you. Do we forget that? Do we forget that in the midst of our pain, our trials, our weakness, He loves us, and that's really all that matters. This song that they played on Wednesday night is absolutely amazing- He loves us. Let's embrace it and live our lives reflecting that very fact. It's the core of the Christian faith- God's perfect, unfailing, sweet, sweet love for us. I don't think I'll ever get over it-gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. My favorite version of the song is by Kim Walker and it's called "How He Loves." You will definitely want to check it out on iTunes to purchase- trust me, once you hear it, you will be addicted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC1ec-lYps

He is jealous for me,

Love's like a hurricane,

I am a tree, bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.

When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,

And I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so, oh, how He loves us, how He loves us so.

He loves us, oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves!!!!!!!!

Yeah, He loves us, oh how He loves us, oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves!!!!!

We are His portion and He is our prize,

Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes.

If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.

So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss (we sing "and reminds us we're His" at Eikon),

And my heart turns violently inside my chest,

I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way….

He loves us so, oh, how He loves us, how He loves us so.

He loves us, oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves!!!!!!!!

Yeah, He loves us, oh how He loves us, oh, how He loves us, oh, how He loves!!!!!

P.S. Mr Keith, this would be a great song to incorporate in worship one weekend, like one weekend when I'm home...starting two or three weeks from now *hint* hint* lol...no pressure though! : )

7 comments:

blessed by HIM said...

Thanks for introducing me to a wonderful new song! Also your writing is incredible and from the heart:)

keith said...

Dang chels...what a post. God is so stinkn huge and his love is so huge and he is using you big time thru your writing. I am speechless. I know you won't get a big head by me saying that, just keep letting him pour out his thoughts of himself thru you! I am so proud of you! (and I will get started on your request)
love,
mr. keith

Chelsea said...

I'm glad you liked the song Mrs. Toni...thanks for the comment!

Chelsea said...

Mr. Keith- thanks for the words of encouragement. Coming to Ft. Lauderdale has really stretched my faith, and I am so glad that He is choosing to use me in so many lives. I love that when I abandon my own plan, I get His best. You really don't have to do that song if you don't want to...lol- but I won't complain if I hear it from you guys, it will prob. sound better than the one on the CD ; )

Kingdom Builders said...

You have no idea how instrumental you have been to me in my FAITH.

I love you,
Dad

gamegirlfbc said...

Chel Bel--there you go again...being ah'mazing for Christ!! Your words always hit home, keep 'em coming!
Can't wait to see you :)!

Terry said...

or my faith. Its a blessing to know you. Whenever I think about all the life stuff....that song rings true...and is such an encourageing reminder. Oh how He loves. I agree with my wife..thanks for introducing us to that song. BTW I'm glad you requested CC play the song, I can't wait to hear it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails